Thursday, June 15, 2006

Maple....sweatshop.

-_-

Ugh. Too many happenings this week.

But I caught up with Ron and Sean as they graduated from Tekong.

The usual LAN and Xbox came. Hehe.

However, after I brought them aimlessly to Park Lane Mall (I got scammed. >_> There isn't any pool/LAN there), we headed to Dhoby Ghaut Xchange, where there used to be Zone X with Xbox.

Used to be.

<_<

To my horror, it became a mapling sweat shop. In it, are brand new computers (2ghz, at least?), suffering to this game called "Maple Story", and god knows what else (there seems to be a dancing game).

Maple Story, for those who have no idea what it is, is a game which rode on the MMORPG wave. Basically, you go around, killing the same damned things till you reach level X. At level X, you get an upgrade to some sort of uber/stupid armor, and you go farm something else till you reach level X2. Rinse, repeat.

At that time, most games just have some cool warrior, leveling up. It's bloody, it's violent, and it's generally, stupid. Generally, games make money by offering you super items at a price. If you can pay, you can dominate the entire game. No skill required.

Maple, on the other hand, saw the market in kids and females, given the popularity of Gunbound. Basically, instead of monsters, you get to kill some random mushrooms, ghosts and... really, I don't know.

Ugh. Seeing kids wasting their money at a LAN shop, mapling when they can do it at home already saddens me.

Now, a whole lan shop is out to cheat the kids money? I mean, if it's a PVP game, then it's understandable. For example, in Guild Wars, you can order a spike much more effectively together because on Vent (a voice comm).

But Maple Story has no PVP function. It's just a bunch of kids hammering the space key.

It's very very sad.

I want back my Xbox area! A place where I can enjoy playing Burnout on the Xbox, because Cinileisure don't have it! Bah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home